Crediton Museum's map collection received a major boost recently when CAHMS acquired a selection of the maps stored in Crediton Town Council chamber. We received over 100 maps, the vast majority from the 2nd revision of the Ordnance Survey 1:2500 County Series, dating from about 1905. They have helped considerably to fill in the gaps in our coverage of the local area, and will be of great benefit to researchers. We would like to acknowledge the assistance of the staff of the Town and District Councils in facilitating the acquisition. Our maps department now has a substantial cataloguing headache!