Transcription from a plaque at Queen Elizabeth's Community College transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006.
Full details of the memorial (including a photograph and its exact location) can be accessed by downloading the data file from the CMIAR website.
This School, built from the funds
of Sir John Hayward's Charity
with the aid of the Devon
County Council, was opened by
The Lady Audrey Buller on
the 29th day of July 1911.