Crediton Civic Memorials

Please quote the reference below when making enquiries about this item:  4671

Transcriptions from inscriptions on stone civic memorials in Crediton

The following records are held by Coastal Research and may be downloaded from the CMIAR website. Our thanks go to Michael Fennessy for giving permission to publish these transcriptions here.


Contents:

  • Statue of St Boniface - Engraving from a statue of St Boniface in Newcombes Meadow, Crediton transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006. (1960)
  • War Memorial - Engraving from a war memorial on Union Road, Crediton transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006. (1960)
  • Plaque on Spurways Almshouses - Transcription from a plaque on Spurways Almshouses transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006. (1555)
  • Plaque on Church Street Almshouses - Transcription from a plaque on Church Street Almshouses transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006. (1611 - 1959)
  • Plaque on QE College - Transcription from a plaque at Queen Elizabeth's Community College transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006. (1911)
  • Plaque at Hayward's School - Transcription from a plaque at Hayward's School transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006. (1881 - 1951)
  • Plaque at 31 High Street - Plaque on wall of 31 High Street, Crediton transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006.
  • Plaque in Newcombes Meadow - Plaque at Newcombes Meadow, Crediton transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006. (1977)
  • St Boniface Well - Engraving in wall of St Boniface well in Newcombes Meadow, Crediton transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006. (680)
  • Tolleys, Off Mill Street, Crediton - Blue plaque (on a corner of a stone wall where Mill Street divides) transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006 (680)
  • Plaque in Newcombes Meadow - Plaque on wall of Crediton Library (visible from Newcombes Meadow) transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006 (1915 - 1965)
  • Plaque in Crediton Library - Plaque on inside wall of Crediton Library transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006 (1972 - 1995)
  • Church Workers Institute - Foundation stone to the Church Workers Institute transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006 (1909)
  • Band Stand - Plaque on the bandstand in Newcombes Meadow transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006 (2000 - 2002)
  • Band Stand - Plaque on the bandstand in Newcombes Meadow transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006 (2000 - 2002)
  • 127 High Street - Engraving at 127 High Street, Crediton transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006 (1884)
  • Plaque at Council Offices - Plaque at Council Offices, Market Street transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006 (1895 - 2004)
  • Queen Elizabeth's Community College - Head Masters/Mistresses - Memorial board at Queen Elizabeth's Community College (the old hall of the 1860 Grammar School building) transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006 (1562 - 1994)
  • Queen Elizabeth's Community College - Head Pupils - Memorial board at Queen Elizabeth's Community College (the old hall of the 1860 Grammar School building) transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006 (1860 - 1997)
  • Queen Elizabeth's Community College - Honours Board - Plaque at Queen Elizabeth's Community College (the old hall of the 1860 Grammar School building) transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006 (1860 - 1962)
  • Queen Elizabeth's Community College - World War memorial - Plaque at Queen Elizabeth's Community College (the old hall of the 1860 Grammar School building) transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006 (1914 - 1945)
  • St Boniface memorial plaque - Transcription from a plaque in the Holy Cross Church transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006. (680 - 1909)
  • Foundation stone of St Boniface Catholic Church - Transcription from the foundation stone of St Boniface Catholic Church transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006. (1969)
  • Methodist Church Foundation Stones - Transcription from the foundation stone of Crediton Methodist Church transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006. (1891)
  • Congregational Church Foundation Stone - Notes regarding the foundation stone of Crediton Congregational Church transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006. (1863 - 1890)
  • Plaque for Scouts and Guides Jubilee Year - Transcription of a plaque in People's Park transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006. (1957)
  • Crediton Railway Station plaque - Transcription of a plaque in Crediton Railway Station transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006. (1851 - 2001)
  • Gravestone for Saunders Collehole - Gravestone for Saunders Collehole transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006. (1852)
  • Town Hall engraving - Town Hall engraving transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006. (1852)
  • Rugby Club Foundation Stone - Rugby Club Foundation stone transcribed by Dr Michael J. Fennessy in 2006. (1965)

Related places:

See also: